Rally Terms & Conditions
I understand that in submitting a booking for the event, the organisers reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for cancelled bookings. A cancellation fee equivalent to 20% of the value of the booking up to 14 days prior to the event will be charged for fees for the refund. If a booking is cancelled 13 to 00 days prior to the event, no refund is possible.
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER AND INDEMNITY*
All people registering for an event must read the following document and agree to it below.
- All participants in the Colesberg Rally (“the event”) and their guests (“the participants”) acknowledge that by registering for, and entering the event, or by taking part in any activity at the event, they voluntary submit themselves to the risk of injury, death and/or damage to property and equipment that may occur (the “risk”).
- The participants agree to follow the instructions of the Rally Committee, officials or marshals and to abide by the rules of the road.
- The participants understand that they may be filmed and/or photographed before, during and after the event. They agree that H.O.G.® Africa or any of the H.O.G.® Chapters may utilize any photographic, film or video image or likeness of them and their names for any legitimate purpose in connection with the event or future events to be organised by H.O.G.® Africa or any of the H.O.G.® Chapters.
- Whilst reasonable safety and precautionary measures will be taken by the organizers to ensure the participants’ safety, neither Insync Bikes & Accessories (Pty) Ltd, Savvysure Insurance Brokers and Quicksure, H.O.G.® Africa or any of the H.O.G.® Chapters, or any of its officials or the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Corporation accept any responsibility for any claim whatsoever arising from death, injury or loss and/or damage to person or property occasioned as a result of the participants’ participation in any ride or the event.
- The participants understand and accept that, whilst no person is under any obligation to verify whether or not they are intoxicated, they may be prohibited by the rally committee, officials or marshals to take part in any ride if they reasonably believe that the participants may be under the influence of any alcohol or drugs, or that their mental state could pose a risk to the event and/or fellow participants.
- Having considered the above, the participants hereby indemnify and hold harmless H.O.G.® Africa or any of the H.O.G.® Chapters, Insync Bikes and Accessories (Pty) Ltd, Savvysure Insurance Brokers and Quicksure, the Rally Committee members, marshals, officials and the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Corporation (“the parties”) to the fullest extent possible in law, against any claims occasioned as a result of their participation in any ride or the event of whatever nature or however caused arising directly or indirectly out of any act or omission, including negligent acts or omissions by the parties, including any claim for consequential loss or damage, loss of profit or any claim by any of their dependents arising from the events related to, in connection with or occasioned as a result of their participation in any ride or the event. Mindful of the fact that their behaviour, acts or omissions may cause injury, death or damages to another person, the participants hereby indemnify and hold harmless Insync Bikes and Accessories (Pty) Ltd, Savvysure Insurance Brokers and Quicksure, the Rally Committee members, marshals, officials and the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Corporation against a claim of any nature which may be brought against them or either one of them arising out of or having been caused by the participants’ behaviour, acts or omissions.